How do you find time to meditate?
You want to meditate on a consistent basis. You know it’s good for you, but life just keeps getting in the way. Maybe you skip a day.
“Just this once,” you promise yourself. That turns into two days, then a week, and before you know it a month has gone by.
It’s time for a mental tune-up. A shift in your mental head-set. Some new choices. Make it your story and not the ‘People’s Story’.
First and foremost, you have all the time there is the world. Even if you don’t think you do, deep inside, you know you do.
Besides, now is all the time there is.
Years ago, I taught time management, and the first thing people discovered was how much time they wasted on non-essential things simply because they had never thought about it. I’m asking you to think about it.
Flirt with these questions:
- What do I feel like doing with my daylight hours, as well as my evening and nighttime hours?
- How do I choose to express myself in the world?
- Where do I want to invest my energy? In what activities? And to what degree?
These are not rhetorical questions designed to float around in the ether as a kind of philosophy to spout about over your favorite wine, beer or mineral water. These are questions that I’m suggesting you sit down with, by yourself, and listen within to what are the right answers for you. They’ll naturally take you towards considering how you want to live the life you came here to live.
Those answers will lead you to the big one:
What specific benefit will you get if you DO consistently find time to meditate?
Without having an idea of a personal benefit, you’ll never get around to meditation. It just won’t seem that important to you emotionally. We talk about this in Step 6: Three Stages of a Spiritual Awakening in the Step-by-Step Video Guide.
Okay, you know the personal benefit so now you’re really ready to find the time.
This one is my favorite because you’re focused on listening to your Divine Soul guidance, before you’ve even really remembered what that is.
- Listen to the nine minute Basic Activation of the Divine Light Vibration meditation. It’ll help you relax enough so that you can hear from within where you can find the time to do this on a daily basis.
- Ask for any resistance that you have to meditation be transformed into illumination. Don’t worry about how that works. You’ll understand with time.
- When you feel ready, mentally review your typical day.
- Ask yourself, “Show me the best time of day to consistently meditate.”
- Pay attention to what comes to mind.
- Then follow through. Schedule it.
- Next time you do the basic activation meditation, ask again for any resistance that you have to meditation be transformed into illumination. Keep doing this until meditating is something you eagerly look forward to.
This is a good approach for people whose ego-intellect likes to plow through. Give yourself permission to make a decision and come hell or high water, just do it.
- Decide when you want to do the Basic Activation of Divine Light Vibrations meditation. First thing in the morning, or last thing at night, or whenever. Make it non negotiable, every day.
- Put it on your calendar.
- Then, just do it.
- Bit by bit, the meditation itself will show you how ‘plowing through’ takes a whole lot more effort than allowing Divine Light Vibrations to do the heavy lifting.
Of course, if this is your habitual way of going about making changes, you probably never came to this blog post. 🙂
But you sure will benefit from the Step-by-Step Video Guide.
Everything else, including any other meditation technique that attracts you, will evolve naturally from that because you’ll be giving your inner guidance system the chance to operate more fully.
The really good thing is that the more practiced you become in meditating, the faster you move into the heart of the life you came here to live, and not the one you’ve been conditioned to live.
Let’s say that didn’t work for you. Maybe you just didn’t get around to it because the Procrastination Beast raised its ugly head once again. Or perhaps you’re still truly struggling. That tells you that your ego-intellect simply doesn’t see the benefit as sweet enough or is afraid of the change that consistent meditation will bring. They can be quirky that way.
So let’s try to give your ego-intellect a little more help.
Here’s my next question:
Will you choose to find nine minutes today, just this once? Yes or no?
Follow the action plan based on that answer.
If you say you can’t find nine minutes to do the basic activation meditation, I say (with Love in my heart to yours), “That’s an excuse.”
Here’s your action plan:
- Quit making excuses. Go ahead and acknowledge that you just don’t WANT to meditate, for whatever reason you might have.
- Then, make peace with that choice.
- If you can’t make peace with that choice, listening to the Basic Activation of Divine Light Vibrations meditation could help you make that peace. Why not? It at least gets you going in the direction you wanted in the first place… 😉
“But just this once!” You rush to add, “Because I have a bunch of stuff that HAS to get done and believe me, if it doesn’t…”
Here’s your action plan:
- Just this once, listen to the Basic Activation of Divine Light Vibrations meditation.
- Afterwards, sit down with the paper and pen to ask yourself the following:
(This is for those who are ready to make well thought out changes in how they want to invest their time and energy in their lives).
1. Where do I WANT to invest my energy in my life? Write down anything that comes to mind.
2. Prioritize what you wrote – try to do this from the heart, not the head. Remember that a #1 priority doesn’t necessarily take up the most time. For example, meditation can take only ten minutes a day. Kissing your spouse or significant other can take less than a minute. Okay, that one might lead to more minutes, but, what the heck, it could certainly enrich your energy level for everything else you do.
3. List out where you currently spend your time. If you’re not sure, observe yourself over the course of two or three typical days, even up to a week, and write down what it is you do and how much time you invest in doing it.
4. Compare your priorities list with where you’re actually expressing your energy from a time point of view.
5. Cut out, or cut down, on the time spent doing the less important activities. Invest that time in doing what you want to be doing.
6. Is meditating one of them? If not, take another look at your benefit. It’s not sweet enough. If meditating is now a priority, then you’re good to go.
7. Schedule it into your calendar and follow through.
You don’t need to change everything at once. This whole discussion was born out of not having ten minutes a day in which to meditate.
After all of this, if you still don’t find time to meditate, then get yourself over to the Step-by-Step Video Guide. If nothing else, you’ll learn about how your ego-intellect got to be so obstinate and how it’ll fight with your subconscious desires.
It’s not always WHAT you do that counts, but the quality in HOW you go about doing it that makes all the difference in the world.
Do you have any tips for finding time to meditate that you’d like to share?
Post it in the comments below.
Your sharing not only shines your Light, it helps others to understand on deeper levels, too.
Are you ready to live the life you came here to live? Say ‘yes’ to your Divine Soul and participate in the Step-by-Step Video Guide right here on the website. Do it in tandem with the FREE Spiritual Transformation eJournal that you get when you sign up for Good Stuff! Updates. You’ll also get insider tips you won’t find anywhere else.
[yikes-mailchimp form=”1″ title=”1″ description=”1″ submit=”Get the goodies”]
The principles of Divine Light Vibrations, with its far reaching effects, are discussed in greater detail in the upcoming ebook “Vibrational Voyages: The Definitive Guidebook for Remembering How to Make the Most of Your Earth Visit”. If you’d like to be notified when it’s ready, click here: NOTIFY ME.
If you already signed up for Good Stuff! Updates, then you’re already in the loop.
Some of the principles present in this entry:
- Focused Thoughts Create Clearer Results
- The Power of Thought